I find other people’s guidelines intriguing. They offer a real insight into how other teams work. Below is a collection of web design guidelines, manuals, standards and similar bits and bobs from around the web.
Downloadable documents are maintained here to ensure availability only. No claim is made of ownership or publication.
Website design guidelines
- Edinburgh University
- Central Office of Information guidelines
- BBC’s Global Experience Language 2010
- BBC’s Global Visual Language 2008
- BBC Glasswall
- Yahoo Web Design Guidelines for Advertisers 2008
- Apple Web Design Guidelines 1996
- New School Web Style Guide
- Yale Web Style Guide 3
- Cambridge University 2008
- Apple guidelines for iTunes U 2007
- Columbia University 2006